Horizontal navigation

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Healthy chocolate brownies

Mention sugar free or wheat free baked goods and you're not likely to make many new friends for afternoon tea. However I think these chocolate brownies are about to change all that.






These are seriously amazing, melt-in-your-mouth morsels of goodness. But let me backtrack a little. I went to my regular weekly acupuncture session last Friday thinking about what sweet thing I could bake for my grandmother's 90th on Saturday. And not only were some yummy brownie samples there for the taking, but all the ingredients were there as well - saving me an early morning trip to the supermarket (I have an aversion to that place but that's another story for another day!).


The recipe uses Loving Earth ingredients, but i'm sure that good quality substitutes would work just as well.


Recipe


2/3 cup Loving Earth agave syrup
1/4 cup Loving Earth cacao butter (melted)
1/4 cup Loving Earth coconut butter (melted)
1 tbsp organic vanilla extract
3 free range organic eggs
1 cup organic almond flour (I used almond meal instead, works just as well)
1/2 cup Loving Earth cacao powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt 


1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius.


2. Mix the melted butters, agave syrup, vanilla and eggs together until well combined. Add in the almond flour, cacao, baking soda and salt and stir until all the ingredients have come together and the mixture is smooth.


3. Pour the mixture into a greased 8 x 8 (ish) oven proof glass or ceramic dish and bake for 35 minutes or until the centre no longer jiggles.


4. Allow to cool in the dish and then cut into pieces and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment